Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stumbling Out of the Gate

Well, Day 2 of posting on the blog is off to a rousing start.

I made notes last night of what I wanted to write about, set my alarm, and even woke up early to work on it.

But of course - since I am too cheap to pay for my own Internet service - I couldn't get online this morning. So after 20 minutes of hoping, and praying, and then cursing and ranting, I decided to quickly get ready and come to work early and get it done there.

Despite leaving a full half hour earlier than I normal do, I just now walked into work at my normal time. The reason: it's barely raining outside today so traffic was at a standstill. I don't even know if you can call it rain. It's more of a heavy mist.

It is the one great Denver mystery that I just can't figure out.

Seriously there can eight feet of snow on the ground and people will blow by you doing 70 mph while you hang on for dear life, swerving across the street; but if it rains even just a little, you might as well put it in park.

So needless to say, my glorious Day 2 post will have to wait a while (and it wasn't even that great to begin with and now it's going to be over-hyped and now I'm stressed).

I definitely have to figure out a better writing schedule - that's for sure. I probably will start writing at night and then posting in the morning because this has been a disaster and I'm already exhausted and I haven't even clocked in yet.

At least Conan is back (more on that later today) and all is once again right with the world.

1 comment:

The Triumphant Return of Paulie Walnuts said...

and THAT is why last week's pic couldn't work...welcome back you neurotic mess