Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hittin' the Spot

After the week I've already endured (it's ONLY Wednesday!), I could sure use some cheering up. Yesterday, I found a website via a Jesse Phipps' Tweet that has been just the cure.

The site is GarfieldMinusGarfield.net and here is the site description from the website itself:

Garfield Minus Garfield is a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle. It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb.


Here is a sample:



Brilliant.

I hate when people starting spreading the word about cool things and then they become uncool, so my apologies if I'm participating in that heinous practice now; but this concept is just too good and it's hitting too close to home right now to keep quiet.

So check it out if you need a good laugh or just want to feel better about your life.

It works, trust me.

3 comments:

Kevin Turley said...

Please don't mess with Hobbes next..

Just Being Josh said...

"Please don't mess with Hobbes next.."

Haha! I keep forgetting Kevin is blessed to not be jaded and cynical enough to appreciate this kind of demented humor.

If it makes you feel better Kev, Jim Davis, the creator of Garfield, is OK with the fresh perspective:

"One of Walsh’s occasional readers is (Jim) Davis, who heard about the site a few months ago. The cartoonist calls the work 'an inspired thing to do” and wishes to thank Walsh for enabling him to see another side of 'Garfield.'”

The Triumphant Return of Paulie Walnuts said...

I am an @GMinusG follower. Good stuff. Simple, but poignant. Spread the love.