Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Ok, there has been a unexplained phenomenon on Facebook the past couple of days and I don't understand it. But whatever reason, EVERYONE has been posting this "25 Random Things About Me" thing and it's the cool thing to do right now, I guess.

As you will see from my list below, I typically buck against the latest fads but I actually spent over two hours the other day coming up with this list (I don't mind doing something trendy when it focuses on me, I suppose!).


My list is still obviously posted on Facebook but I wanted to post it here too because a lot of my readers have been wise enough not to get ensnared by the trappings of online community sites.

Stay far, far away!

If you are one of the eight people on the planet that hasn't done your list yet, feel free to do so in the comment section below this posting.

Here are the rules:

You are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you

Here are 25 Random Things About Me:

1. I hate Facebook. MySpace was way easier to use and I don't know why everyone switched over. It took me over an hour to figure out just how to post this stupid thing.

2. Other than having my current friends and family, I wish I had been born in 1960 instead of 1980. I would have loved to have been in my 20's during the 1980's. I would have been big into the capitalist movement, had a "Cheers" tv group, gone to every Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen concert (when they were still rocking for real), been a big time reporter (since they still existed back then), and there would have been no intrusive technology.

3. I hate technology.

4. A lot of my self worth comes from the success of my favorite pro sports teams.

5. The Phillies winning the World Series went along way but I will never be right until the Eagles win a Super Bowl.

6. The best seasons in the history of television are:
(1.) Season five of "Frasier", (2.) season four of "Friends", and (3.) season three of "The Office". This will not be debated.

7. I know I'm not a great journalist or even a great writer, I just try to bring a passionate and unique perspective to relateable topics.

8. I'm scared of jumping the shark as a writer. It happened to Kornheiser and Simmons and they are reasons I'm writing today. If it can happened to them, it can happen to anyone.

9. Aaron Sorkin never jumped, he just got too political.

10. Self awareness is the one attribute I try to remain constantly aware of.

11. Lack of self awareness is my biggest pet peeve.

12. I value personal relationships more than I will ever let on.

13. Without trying to, I typically like the things that no one else likes. It turns me off when something I like gets too big.

14. My two favorite acting performances of all time are: (1.) Val Kilmer in "Tombstone" and (2.) Robert Downey, Jr. in "Tropic Thunder".


15. Heath Ledger as the Joker wold be on the list, but like I said, I lose interest when something gets too much hype.

16. Why can't sports movies be like "The Natural" or "Hoosiers" anymore? If I see one more Disney produced carbon copy of "Glory Road-The Rookie-Miracle-We Are Marshall-Invincible", I will jam a pen through my eye.

17. Sports stories are best when they are mythic first. Any inspiration that comes from it is just an added bonus.

18. For my money, Roy Hobbs is the greatest baseball player to ever live.

19. Don't tell anyone but I actually like pro basketball better than college for two reasons: (1.) Yeah, NBA players don't really try for most of the season but when they do, there is nothing better and (2). As I get older it's getting more difficult to get emotionally invested in 18 year olds.


20. I wish I liked suishi. I love the idea of suishi.

21. I wish Tom Hanks would do another comedy.

22. I'm fine with the fact that I will never be a good golfer. I'd rather be bad at golfing than good at any thing else.

23. I refuse to spend more than $20 on jeans. $25 if I'm rolling in the dough.

24. Even water taste better when you're drinking it from a nice, sturdy tumbler glass.


25. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, the correct way to say the plural form of monetary coins is "CENTS" not "cent". Sorry, I don't have 25 cent for you to borrow. I do have a quarter, which is 25 cents, but I'm not going to give it to you.

No comments: